Image by denharsh
If you are a eBay seller, you will have to take quite a fair bit of responsibility and effort to be successful. If you feel like you are not doing everything you should be, then it is time for a change.
To be successful at eBay, you will need to have the know-how to keep you on top of your competitors. Below are some practical tips you can consider. Let us use the digital camera as an example for illustration.
1. Do you know everything about your camera? To make sure you do, you can search more information from the Internet apart from reading the manual provided. You will be surprised that there is still quite a lot of information you do not know about your camera. With this new found information, you can then provide them in your listing. Having more information than your competitors shows that you are knowledgeable than just plain selling. People tend to buy from those who are more knowledgeable.
2. Is there any demand for your camera or are there any competitions? Always check out what is the market price especially the final bidding price. If the final price is always around, say $ 200, then there is no point for you to have a fixed price above $ 200. You will be wasting your listing fees and nobody will buy your camera. Ask yourself, why should they buy your camera above $ 200 if they could get it at $ 200 or below?
3. Do you know that a picture tells a thousand word? No matter how well you write, you cannot outperform a picture. You will need to put a picture in your listing. The picture can also show the actual physical condition of the camera as far as possible. For example, if there is a dent, you can show it in the picture. This can prevent any downstream dispute when the buyer gets the camera. If you do not have a digital camera yet, then go to eBay and get one.
4. Did you keep in contact with your buyer? When a transaction is done, you should send email to the buyer to thank him and let him know that you are preparing the item. This is to ensure the buyer that you are taking care of his purchase seriously and honestly. When you received your payment, send him a thank you note. Similarly, when you send out your item, tell him as well. People like to be kept informed of the progress. It will be better if you can give the DHL or UPS tracking number to the buyer. With the tracking number, the buyer can go online and check exactly where is the item now. You will be surprised with this two-way communication system, you will avoid many problems and make the process a smooth and delightful one. Simply ask yourself. Do you like to be kept informed or in the dark?
5. Did you check your email regularly? When you list you item, potential buyers may send you emails for any clarifications regarding the item. If you do not reply to them, you are simply telling them to go and buy from someone else. If you do not serve them, someone will and probably would try their very best to convince the buyer to buy their product.
6. Did you put enough information on your item description page? If you are only interested in local sales, you will have to say so. If you intent to deliver overseas , you will have to incorporate international handling charges so that potential buyers will have an estimated final price. If you have other special terms and conditions, you will need to make it clear up front to prevent any dispute later.
7. Did you wrap your item properly? A rule of thumb will be, wrap it as though it is for your loved ones. Yes, it should look professional to give the maximum best impression. Do not save on this. You should also print the labels instead of hand-written.
8. Do you make a check with the buyer after delivery? Based on the delivery tracking code, you should roughly know has the item been received my the buyer. You can send an email to check with them whether they have received the purchased item. This will provide them with an opportunity to voice out their opinion and you should try your best to help them. This will make them feel more comfortable as you have demonstrated that you are not there to take their money and run.
Selling on eBay is not just simply selling. You will also need to take effort to develop a relationship with your buyers. You should make an effort to keep track of the whole transaction process to ensure that all aspects are taken care off.
To have repeated sales, you need to provide genuine, good and honest customer service. To be successful, this is the only foolproof way to protect and increase your reputation. Once you have this, sales will naturally come in. Hope that the above tips will make your eBay selling a successful one and outsell the rest in your category. For more information on how you can profit from eBay, you can visit eBay Misspelled Items [http://www.internetbizcenter.com/ebay/index.htm].
24 visitors online now
23 guests, 1 members
Powered by Visitor Maps