Image by burningmax
Search engine marketing, at its very core, involves optimizing your web page itself so that the search engines will view it favorably for a specific keyword (on-page techniques) and optimizing the inbound links to your web page so that the search engines will believe your web site has social value (off-page techniques).
So how important are each of these techniques?
In my opinion and experience, on-page techniques probably account for about 10% of a web pages’ ranking in the search engines, if that, and off-page techniques account for the rest (about 90%).
Why? Well, if you think about it, one of the easiest things to do online is the on-page techniques – you have 100% control over the on-page work.
Off-page, although easy to do,, or simple really, is time consuming and sometimes laborious. So there are fewer people who master off-page techniques.
So what are these optimization techniques?
Let’s start with the on-page techniques:
1) Include your keyword or keyword phrase in your title
2) Include your keyword or keyword phrase in your description
3) Include your keyword or keyword phrase in your keywords
4) Include your keyword or keyword phrase in your content – early, in the middle, and at the end.
And the off-page techniques:
The key here is inbound links. And the key with inbound links is to use a text anchor link that uses the keyword or keyword phrase for which you are optimizing, for your backlink.
1) Exchange links with other web masters
2) Submit your web sites to the various online web directories
3) Write and submit articles including your text anchor link, to the various online article directories.
19 visitors online now
17 guests, 2 members
Powered by Visitor Maps