Social marketing can be described as the word of mouth of the internet. Social media allows us to communicate with people on more of a personal level. This can be a great tool for business. Social media marketing is a term that describes the use of social networks, blogs, online communities, or any other online media for sales, publication, and customer service. Some of the more common social media marketing tools include Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Linkedln, YouTube, and Flickr. This type of marketing is just telling people about you and your business.
There are some advantages and disadvantages to using social media to market a business. Some of the advantages include:
• Free to low cost: Social media marketing is a great way to promote and build a business is one does not have money to cover the costs of paid advertising.
• Since it is so inexpensive, if not free, sales made using this type of marketing are PURE PROFITS. That means that one did not have to spend money to make money so the money made goes in YOUR POCKET!!!
• Social media marketing is a great way to brand yourself. When using social media marketing tools, the profile is the most important asset in your business. People get to see and know you before they buy your product or join your opportunity. Therefore they feel more comfortable with working with you.
• When you use this type of marketing to advertise your websites, you can create many backlinks to your websites. Thus resulting in rankings in the search engines.
• Social media is a long term marketing strategy. Once you set up your profile, pictures, videos, and articles, they are their to stay, collecting traffic and sales for many years to come.
There are, however, a few disadvantages to social marketing:
• This type of marketing can be very tedious. While it does not require a lot of money, if any, it does require a lot of time. If you want to build a brand for yourself, then you have to spend time updating information to your audiences and keep communication active.
• If people feel that your information has bad taste, then they will influence others to believe that your information has bad taste.
• You must be ready for change at all times. If you are not adaptive then your followers will not be successful just as you will not be successful if a need for change occurs.
Social media marketing can be one of the most promising and profitable ways to build a business. It can also be one of the worst decisions to be made if not used properly. This technique builds a brand and without a brand, your business will not last.
For more information on how to build a big business check out my blog at http://newrichmansblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-new-rich-report.html or watch my video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfNDKYJ5f0.
26 visitors online now
23 guests, 3 members
Powered by Visitor Maps